Dietary Healing & Detoxification 2 day workshop
This product is temporarily unavailable
Next course dates
March 16th - 17th, 2013
Location: Maleny, QLD Australia
Attendance: max 8
This two-day workshop is ideal for both health professionals and members of the public. It offers an in-depth approach to the practical and self-management aspects of dietary healing and detoxification, factoring in the contribution of Dr Max Gerson to the treatment protocol. The course will provide a firm framework for individual and general case study analysis, treatment and monitoring and instill enough confidence to self-manage your own case, or that of clients.
During the course you will assess your case in relation to your inherited and acquired constitution, liver stagnation and digestive efficiency and make use of both Western and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) interpretation in case study analysis. Indications relating to liver stagnation and digestive deficiency will determine the specific application of the therapy, the rate of detoxification and subsequent healing.
In addition, a range of case studies will be reviewed for group discussion which will broaden your case interpretation and diagnostic skills and give the confidence to review other cases such as family members or within your practice.
This course is essential for those wishing to make sense of their case, wishing to put in place strategies for healing and provides a foundation for choosing the best treatment options for their individual case.
A tutorial accompanies this course.
In the unlikely event that the course is cancelled run full refunds will be made. If you need to cancel your booking then a full refund will be made providing this is 21 days before the event date. Refunds cannot be made within 21 days of the event.
Morning Session (9.00 – 13.00)
- The biological basis of the high alkaline/high potassium therapy; how it reverses the disease process and enables healing.
- Practical case-taking: assessing your constitution and digestive efficiency in order to determine the length of time and the program required to heal and rebuild. Self-evaluation of symptoms within a comprehensive framework and case study examples will be used along with group discussion.
Afternoon Session (14.00-17.00)
- Vegetable juicing: preparation, types of juice, equipment
- The healing diet: allowed foods, prohibited foods, food preparation and cooking techniques, cooked and raw foods, specific requirements and practical application of the diet. Dietary methods of restoring the digestion and alleviating the burden on the liver will be discussed.
Day 2Morning Session (9.00-13.00)
- Practical case taking: assessing your liver capacity; self-evaluation of symptoms that relate specifically to liver congestion and stagnation. These factors will indicate the degree to which the liver is compromised, its capacity to detoxify and will determine individual guidelines for safe detoxification.
- The coffee enema and its role in liver detoxification: the use of the coffee enema in detoxification; how it works, its liver protective effects, its preparation and administration.
- Managing toxicity and flare-ups: toxic, detoxification and healing reactions and the specific methods of managing each type of crisis. Management of fever, pain and inflammation using non-toxic treatments to alleviate, but not suppress symptoms. The clay pack and the castor oil pack will be demonstrated, and preparation of herbal tinctures.
- Case monitoring: techniques in self-evaluation of progress throughout the program and the application of appropriate modifications to the regime.
- Chemical pollution and its impact on health and fertility; its effect on the rise in hormone-dependent cancers, infertility, and chronic degenerative disease, including disorders of the nervous system.
"I have been to many health seminars and can honestly say what you are teaching along with the bio-chemistry & chinese medicine .....is the only way, a true wholistic approach and your delivery, I thought, was excellent. I am still re-reading your notes and am amazed at the depth of experience and information which, in one folder, surpasses all my 25 years of study." AC, NSW
"If you've been interested in alternate therapies for a long time, you get to consult a wide range of practitioners. In my case, I have always felt that there were fundamentals just not being addressed in the therapies that were recommended for me. Kathryn's workshop, 'Dietary healing and detoxification' takes you right to the body's basic building blocks - the cells. And when you think about it, where else should you start? A careful understanding of how cells work, and how the stresses of inherited health challenges and daily living can affect them, is a fabulous eye-opener. As we worked through those stresses and how the body responds, I had a series of 'ah HA!' moments. I saw the manifestations of the progression of dis-ease in my body over decades. Kathryn's extensive knowledge of the Gerson Therapy, naturopathy and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) provides an outstanding platform for the design and implementation of a healing program that has, as its foundation, sound scientific knowledge about how the body works. Thank you, Kathryn." RM, QLD
"I just want to thank you for a magnificent course. Not only did it expand my knowledge, but it has expanded my mind!
Your tremendous dedication to your field is obvious and what lucky, lucky beneficiaries we all are.
It was a tremendous training in a beautiful setting." SC, VIC
"Another big thanks for having all of us at your place over the weekend and sharing your space with new folk. I got a lot out of the training and would like to further my knowledge in this area. Each night after class I read my notes and I spent most of yesterday going through the course material and your book. Trying to figure out the most efficient way of adapting my life to the new routine will be a challenge, but a fun one. My social life may take a bit of a hit though! The level of knowledge you have is inspiring and addictive. Please keep me in mind for any future work/training/education as I would really like to further my understanding." DR, VIC
"I gained from the course an overall picture of how Western scientific medicine, traditional Chinese medicine and naturopathy interconnect in the area of diet and detoxification." NS, QLD
"This course has given me the knowledge and understanding applicable to my own case and the confidence that I can do something to turn my health around. It's given me an holistic understanding of my health. It's a relief to know what's happening and why - and to have a plan to do something about it." JD, QLD
"I have gained the confidence and knowledge to keep going on with the program. I feel invigorated and have enjoyed learning from other and talking with others." HH, QLD
"Thank you for a great course. I learned a lot and it has also motivated me somewhat and reinforced many of my thoughts about looking after the body." MJS, Adelaide
"I gained a diagnosis and prescription for a nutritional treatment for my health problems. I learned a lot about body chemistry and how beautiful and balanced our bodies are made to run and how we've managed to jigger then up so badly. I also learned much from listening to other people's cases and treatment and their questions are excellent tools in learning. By making us assess our own cases we gained much understanding. This sums it up well - Tell me and I'll forget Show me and I may remember Involve me and I'll understand (Chinese Proverb) C J, Adelaide.
"I gained an immense amount of knowledge about nutrition - I believed that I had a good diet before as I ate a lot of fresh fruit, veg, nuts and seeds. However, I still felt like crap most of the time. Since changing my eating habits as outlined by you I have felt heaps better and have even lost 3kgs without even trying. I also learned that you would not get enough nutrition by eating these foods alone and that juicing is essential." LS, Adelaide
"Thanks very much for the course - I really enjoyed it enormously. I loved the mixture of science and nitty gritty details of practicalities, and the way it never got bogged down. You kept it moving nicely. when I received my case study and workbook, I seriously wondered it I was ready for what would be involved. But now I feel inspired and ready to launch into it." BH, NSW